Greenwood Primary & Nursery School
Our Vision For Your Child
‘Bringing out the best in everyone!’
I am very proud to introduce you to a school in which we all work really hard to bring out the best in each other but especially our very special young people.
Our Greenwood Team follows 7 very simple values that are embedded within our school:
We welcome visitors to our school and I am always a very proud head teacher when I show them round. If you would like a tour please call me on the school number to arrange one.
We have a brilliant team of staff who always go above and beyond to make the school experience special. Greenwood pupils love coming to school and leave with happy memories, self confidence, a love of learning and pride in all they have achieved.
Our Governors are a committed team of individuals who are our critical friends, ensuring Greenwood strives for success. Parents and carers are V. I. Ps (Very Important Partners) in ensuring success for their children. We try to make sure they have all the knowledge they need to do this well through good communication and equally we are always there to listen when our partners need to talk too.
Please find below our school commitment to Safeguarding.
We are extremely proud of all the achievements at our school no matter how small they may seem! We celebrate the aspiration of our children and the pride they take in themselves and our school. Our children persevere and enjoy their learning where they are able to develop in to confident individuals. Our children achieve so much with their creative flair and show a great responsibility that comes with being part of Team Greenwood!
At Greenwood Primary & Nursery School we uphold and teach pupils about British Values which are defined as:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs*
These values are delivered and seen as a ‘golden thread’ that runs through all we do at Greenwood and are specifically taught through Personal, Social, Health and Emotional (PSHE) and Religious Education (RE).
Our full policy relating to British Values can be found on our Policies Page.
- to enable children to achieve high standards in literacy, numeracy and ICT
- to offer a broad and balanced curriculum within a stimulating environment where children will be motivated and enthusiastic
- to provide learning experiences set within a meaningful context.
- to give children equal access to take part in all school activities.
- to give all children the chance to experience success and a sense of achievement.
- to model and promote high standards of behaviour at all times.
- to encourage every member of the school community to express their feelings and opinions confidently.
- to teach children to take care of the school environment and be aware of their responsibilities in the wider community.
- to work in partnership with parents to promote each child’s development.
- to provide a safe and secure working environment.
- to enable each child to achieve their full potential, whatever their ability.
The Flying High Trust
The Flying High Trust is a partnership of schools across Nottinghamshire, Nottingham City and Derbyshire. Schools work together to ensure we are relentless in ensuring our children receive the best possible opportunities and experiences. This is achieved through a true collaboration where all
decisions centre on children and schools are empowered to adopt best practice, adapt it within the context of each school and fly! within the context of each school and to fly!
Working together, relentless in our pursuit of excellence to create the best schools in the universe, where we make every day count.
- An unshakable commitment to a school led system, where every member of staff is empowered to improve our partnership and shape the futures of our children.
- A determination to develop talent, delivered through a professional continuum available for all staff.
- Relentless in our pursuit of excellence for every child, school and community.
Our values underpin all that we do, putting children at the heart of every decision:
We aim for our schools to be the best schools in the universe!
By the end of their primary education we aim for all of our children to be ready for secondary school and be inspired to be the best they can be through our seven values. The values are fundamental to everything the Trust represents; they run through all elements of school improvement and are understood and owned by all members of the school community. Schools with their own clear USP linked to their values blend together the Trust values with those held so dear within each individual school.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Demonstrate a restlessness to continually improve, to never stand still, with the ultimate aim of
providing the best opportunities and experiences for our children.
- Strive to ensure every child fulfils their potential regardless of potential barriers to learning.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school and to support the profession and
- development of all schools within the partnership.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- To ultimately strive to be the best school in the Universe.
In our schools you will see we work together to:
- Ensure schools feel connected to the Trust whilst maintaining their unique qualities, character and relationship with their community.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Engage with our families and wider communities to raise aspiration for all.
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future - as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Support the development of all staff to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.
Contact the Flying High Partnership:
CEO Mr Chris Wheatley
Chair Mr Neil Robinson
Both the CEO and Chair can be contacted using the details below:
Flying High Trust
c/o Cotgrave Candleby Lane School
Telephone: 0115 989 1915
Facebook: Flying High Partnership
Please click here to access key Trust documents including:
- Articles of Association
- Master Funding Agreement
- Statement of Accounts
- Model Scheme of Delegation
- Trustees Register of Business Interests
- School Improvement Strategy
- Trust Business Plan
- Governance structure, terms of reference and school governor information
Click here to meet the Flying High central team.
Click here to meet the Members.
Click here to meet the Trustees.
Click here to see all schools within the Partnership.
Click here to find out about vacancies across the Partnership.
Click here for the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.