Greenwood Primary & Nursery School
Our Vision For Your Child
‘Bringing out the best in everyone!’
I am very proud to introduce you to a school in which we all work really hard to bring out the best in each other but especially our very special young people.
Our Greenwood Team follows 7 very simple values that are embedded within our school:
We welcome visitors to our school and I am always a very proud head teacher when I show them round. If you would like a tour please call me on the school number to arrange one.
We have a brilliant team of staff who always go above and beyond to make the school experience special. Greenwood pupils love coming to school and leave with happy memories, self confidence, a love of learning and pride in all they have achieved.
Our Governors are a committed team of individuals who are our critical friends, ensuring Greenwood strives for success. Parents and carers are V. I. Ps (Very Important Partners) in ensuring success for their children. We try to make sure they have all the knowledge they need to do this well through good communication and equally we are always there to listen when our partners need to talk too.
Please find below our school commitment to Safeguarding.
We are extremely proud of all the achievements at our school no matter how small they may seem! We celebrate the aspiration of our children and the pride they take in themselves and our school. Our children persevere and enjoy their learning where they are able to develop in to confident individuals. Our children achieve so much with their creative flair and show a great responsibility that comes with being part of Team Greenwood!
At Greenwood Primary & Nursery School we uphold and teach pupils about British Values which are defined as:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs*
These values are delivered and seen as a ‘golden thread’ that runs through all we do at Greenwood and are specifically taught through Personal, Social, Health and Emotional (PSHE) and Religious Education (RE).
Our full policy relating to British Values can be found on our Policies Page.
- to enable children to achieve high standards in literacy, numeracy and ICT
- to offer a broad and balanced curriculum within a stimulating environment where children will be motivated and enthusiastic
- to provide learning experiences set within a meaningful context.
- to give children equal access to take part in all school activities.
- to give all children the chance to experience success and a sense of achievement.
- to model and promote high standards of behaviour at all times.
- to encourage every member of the school community to express their feelings and opinions confidently.
- to teach children to take care of the school environment and be aware of their responsibilities in the wider community.
- to work in partnership with parents to promote each child’s development.
- to provide a safe and secure working environment.
- to enable each child to achieve their full potential, whatever their ability.