Greenwood Primary & Nursery School
Our Vision For Your Child
‘Bringing out the best in everyone!’
I am very proud to introduce you to a school in which we all work really hard to bring out the best in each other but especially our very special young people.
Our Greenwood Team follows 7 very simple values that are embedded within our school:
We welcome visitors to our school and I am always a very proud head teacher when I show them round. If you would like a tour please call me on the school number to arrange one.
We have a brilliant team of staff who always go above and beyond to make the school experience special. Greenwood pupils love coming to school and leave with happy memories, self confidence, a love of learning and pride in all they have achieved.
Our Governors are a committed team of individuals who are our critical friends, ensuring Greenwood strives for success. Parents and carers are V. I. Ps (Very Important Partners) in ensuring success for their children. We try to make sure they have all the knowledge they need to do this well through good communication and equally we are always there to listen when our partners need to talk too.
Please find below our school commitment to Safeguarding.
We are extremely proud of all the achievements at our school no matter how small they may seem! We celebrate the aspiration of our children and the pride they take in themselves and our school. Our children persevere and enjoy their learning where they are able to develop in to confident individuals. Our children achieve so much with their creative flair and show a great responsibility that comes with being part of Team Greenwood!
At Greenwood Primary & Nursery School we uphold and teach pupils about British Values which are defined as:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of different faiths and beliefs*
These values are delivered and seen as a ‘golden thread’ that runs through all we do at Greenwood and are specifically taught through Personal, Social, Health and Emotional (PSHE) and Religious Education (RE).
Our full policy relating to British Values can be found on our Policies Page.
- to enable children to achieve high standards in literacy, numeracy and ICT
- to offer a broad and balanced curriculum within a stimulating environment where children will be motivated and enthusiastic
- to provide learning experiences set within a meaningful context.
- to give children equal access to take part in all school activities.
- to give all children the chance to experience success and a sense of achievement.
- to model and promote high standards of behaviour at all times.
- to encourage every member of the school community to express their feelings and opinions confidently.
- to teach children to take care of the school environment and be aware of their responsibilities in the wider community.
- to work in partnership with parents to promote each child’s development.
- to provide a safe and secure working environment.
- to enable each child to achieve their full potential, whatever their ability.
Flying High Trust Values
The Flying High Trust was established in June 2012. The ethos behind the Trust is one of sustainable school improvement; and schools joining the Trust do so with the prime aim of improving each other so that they can all become outstanding schools. This ethos is guided by the core principles:
Children first - at the heart of every decision is, will this benefit our children?
- Aspiration for all - children, staff families and local communities to aim high and dream big.
- Ensuring our schools are at the heart of their communities.
- Supporting meaningful partnership - schools that support and challenge each other to become the best schools in the universe through mutual accountability.
- A commitment to continuous improvement - to strive to provide the best opportunities for our children so that they can look back with pride and forward with confidence.
- Primary led - this is our area of passion and expertise and we focus on developing the whole child and each child as an individual.
By the end of their primary education we aim for all of our children be ready for secondary school and to be inspired to be the best they can be through our seven values.
All members of the Trust Partnership share these values and embed them across their school running through the curriculum, displays, behaviour for learning and development of the whole child. The values are celebrated through our end of year Flying High Trust Awards evening showcasing the achievements and contributions of children, staff, families and wider members of the community in the context of our values.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Focus on achieving the best for every child.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- Become a member of Candleby Lane Teaching School Alliance.
We aim for our schools to be the best schools in the universe!
We believe that this vision will:
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future - as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Create high aspirations for all school stakeholders.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Support the development of all teachers and leaders to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.
- Support the development of effective teaching across the region and country.