Welcome to Year 3 Outstanding Owls and Brilliant Badgers
Year 3 Latest News
- We have now begun our new topic Revolutionary Romans, where we are learning all about the Roman Empire.
- We have already looked at Roman houses, clothes and have even created our own mosaic!
- Also, this Friday we are going to go on an exciting trip to a Roman museum and look at the remains of a Roman bath house! We can't wait!!
The Year 3 Team
Our teachers are Miss. Appleby and Mr. Jackson
Our Teaching Assistants are Miss. Hipwell
Our Learning Mentor is Miss Anderson
Our main topics this year are:
Autumn Term - Lets Rock
Spring Term - Scrumdiddlyumptious
Summer Term - Revolutionary Romans
As a class we have created our own charter which all the children have signed to say they agree to.
Please click on the link below to see our charters.
Helping your child with their learning...
To help your child with their learning we have created a handy guide. Please click on the link below to access this.
This half term most of our after school boostering will take place on Mondays from 3:15-4pm.
Also every afternoon, Miss Anderson and Mrs Priestley will work with children for booster in reading, writing, SPAG and maths. Children are also boostered in assembly times and some children are invited for booster in a morning from 8:30am.
Please can we stress the importance of the ALL the homework we ask your child to complete.
1. All children should read daily. Even if your child is a confident reader, they should be reading independently to encourage a love of books and a greater understanding of the written word. Children should record their daily reading in their reading record. There are five spaces in the book for each week.
2. All children will receive weekly spellings. These will be set on a Friday and tested on a Friday.
3. Each Wednesday children receive a piece of Numeracy or Literacy homework.
Physical Education (PE)
Owls and Badgers will be doing PE on Tuesday and Friday each week with Mrs Aspinall.
At all times your child will need an indoor and outdoor PE kit in school.
Indoor PE kit is a white T-shirt, dark shorts (black or navy blue) and trainers or plimsolls.
Outdoor PE kit is a white T-shirt, dark jogging bottoms (black or navy blue), dark sweatshirt and trainers. Jewellery must not be worn on PE days.
If your child can not take part in PE for medical reasons a letter should be sent to Mrs Aspinall.