Welcome to Year 3 Outstanding Owls and Fantastic Foxes
Year 3 Latest News
- Welcome back after the summer holidays! Its great to see all the children back and looking so smart in their new school uniform.
- We'll soon be starting our topic - the delicious Scrumdiddlyumptious. The children are really excited and we have a great trip to Dominos Pizza planned.
Year 3 Team
Our teachers are Miss Appleby, Mrs Grice and Miss Blythe.
Our Teaching Assistants are Miss Key, Mrs Priestley and Mrs O'Donnell.
Our main topics this year are:
Autumn Term - Scrumdiddlyumptious
Spring Term - Lets Rock
Summer Term - Revolutionary Romans
As a class we have created our own charter which all the children have signed to say they agree to.
Please click on the link below to see our charters.
Helping your child with their learning...
To help your child with their learning we have created a handy guide. Please click on the link below to access this.
This half term most of our school boosters will take place after school between 3:15-4pm (please check the permission letters, which you signed and returned, for dates and times).
Also every afternoon, Mrs Priestley, Miss Key and Mrs O'Donnell will work with children for booster in reading, writing, SPAG and maths. Children are also boostered in assembly times and some children are invited for booster in a morning from 8:30am.
Please can we stress the importance of the ALL the homework we ask your child to complete.
1. All children should read daily. Even if your child is a confident reader, they should be reading independently to encourage a love of books and a greater understanding of the written word. Children should record their FAB4 reading in their Home-School Diary. There are four spaces in the book for each week. The Home-School diaries will be collected in every FRIDAY. If your child's diary has been completed, and signed by an adult, they will receive a stamp in the back of their book which goes towards your child's FAB4 reading reward.
2. All children will receive weekly spellings. These will be set on a Friday and tested on a Friday.
3. Each Wednesday children receive a piece of Numeracy or Literacy homework.
4. Times tables will be tested each week - Your child will bring home their marked sheets. Please go through their sheet and practice the ones they didn't get correct ready for next time.
Physical Education (PE)
Owls and Foxes will be doing PE on Monday and Thursday each week.
At all times your child will need an indoor and outdoor PE kit in school.
Indoor PE kit is a white T-shirt, dark shorts (black or navy blue) and trainers or plimsolls.
Outdoor PE kit is a white T-shirt, dark jogging bottoms (black or navy blue), dark sweatshirt and trainers. Jewellery must not be worn on PE days.
If your child can not take part in PE for medical reasons a letter should be sent to the class teacher.